The directions for the scallops are not very helpful IMO. All they instruct you to do is trim the fabric close to the stitching and clip up to the V of each scallop completion. That will result in some choppy half circles. Instead you need to grade the seams and notch the curves aggressively. I did a tutorial on this years ago. Check it out if you're interested.
I sewed three buttons on the back instead of the called for one. I found these shell buttons in my loose button container. I like how their iridescent colors match the colors of the print.
Next time I use this pattern I will cut the neckline down in the front as it's a tiny bit too high for my choke phobia.
All edges of this design are finished off with facings, which I had to cut in a white stretch cotton from my stash due to fabric shortage. I tacked the facings to the outer fabric with a running whip stitch. If using a thinner fabric then cotton sateen, I would suggest finishing off the armholes and neckline with bias bindings.
All fabric edges were finished with the overlocking stitch on my regular sewing machine.
I just ordered some high-waisted white shorts from Gap to wear with this top. If I don't like the way those look I'll probably make Butterick 6178 (view D) to complete the outfit.