Don't get too excited. This was a near wadder save. I was going for view A, with the interesting pleated overlay. Super cute look, right? Too bad I chose a polyester shantung that totally stretched out while sewing both the bias pleats and front bias facing. It looked wonky and horrible and I was even more upset because this was my second wadder in a row. After taking a shower (I do some of my best planning in the shower - anyone else?) I realized it could easily be saved by removing the front overlay.
So here you go, a boring old pencil skirt. I do like the colors in the fabric and am glad it was salvageable, but I'm bummed the skirt I wanted to make didn't turn out. Although I did learn two lessons from this experience. One - this view needs to be made with some stiffer fabric or perhaps a thinner fabric that is starched before sewn to prevent being stretched out. Two - skirts with 4 darts in the front and 4 in the back just don't fit my body very well. I'm too much of a square.
I have already worn this outfit (hence the wrinkles) and do think it's cute. I made the white top in these pictures as well. It really sees a lot of wear.
I added a full lining in flesh toned Bemberg.
I've received several comments lately about how unbelievable it is that I'm so productive. Well, that might have been true several years ago, but these days I'm lucky if I get 3 things done a month. And most of the stuff I'm making has been simple garments. But thanks! I'm glad you think I'm productive, because I feel the total opposite.
Answers to more recent questions coming soon. I've got one hour before bed to get some stitching done!